The best knee surgeons in Delhi NCR and India can offer a variety of treatments to relieve your symptoms. And of the most common treatments are inject medication into your knee. Some people find it painless and quickly effective whereas other people find them with full of side effects. The best thing is to know about before opting for it.
There are different types of injections, and they’re an important part of treating knee osteoarthritis for many people who are suffering severe knee issue. Injections can be especially helpful for people who haven’t gotten relief from NSAIDs like ibuprofen, or people who can’t take those drugs due to side effects.
What Is Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease and a common form of arthritis that very often affects the joints, especially knees. It develops when the cartilage, the smooth covering that protects the bones in the joint breaks down. The surface of the bones becomes damaged, causing pain, swelling, stiffness, and disability. If it is not treated early and properly, it can cause immobility to the person and even sometimes so severe that the person can’t do their daily chores.
How Knee Injections Work
The first and foremost task is that your doctor will give you a shot of anaesthetic to numb your knee. He or she may use a needle to draw out any extra fluid that’s in or around your knee. After that, you’ll get the pain-relieving injection, usually just below your kneecap. Take care while having the shot though the inject will not hurt you, and the drug will work throughout the joint.
Different treatments have side effects that you should discuss with your doctor beforehand. The two most common types of knee injection for OA are Corticosteroids and Hyaluronic acid.
Reduce Inflammation With Steroids
Corticosteroid injections are more useful that the hyaluronic acid as it treats flare-ups of osteoarthritis pain and swelling with fluid buildup in the knee. These injections help relieve knee problem’s symptoms by reducing inflammation in the joint.
Surgivisor is presenting you some facts regarding the injection that you need to know:
- They work fast and in a short span of time – usually within 24 to 48 hours.
- The pain relief lasts from 6 to12 weeks, according to the intensity of your pain and its source.
- Avoid using them more frequently. A corticosteroid shot often works best the first time and after that, they tend to give less relief.
- Patients can use these shots two to three times a year. Using them too often may damage cells in the knee that make cartilage.
Most of the fluid in a healthy knee is hyaluronic acid and to retain that, this injection is introduced. When the knee have started showing symptoms of knee osteoarthritis, the hyaluronic acid in your knee thins. This is why best knee replacement surgeon in Delhi NCR and India opt to inject more hyaluronic acid into your knee to boost the supply.
Thought this injection shot is not the first or traditional approach. But in some cases, they are suggested by the surgeons and doctors:
- Your symptoms aren’t improved by pain-relief medications or non-drug treatments.
- You can’t take other pain relievers.
- A steroid shot doesn’t help enough.
Surgivisor advices you to begin your treatment or take any type of action after consulting with your hip replacement surgeon in Delhi, NCR and India. It is very important to consult with your physiotherapist and surgeon first because they will tell your immune system, level of hazard you have gone through with and time of recovery you will take. And only after these facts, the type of exercises will be recommended.
Though it is very important to exercise after surgery to increase the strength and flexibility in your new hip, it is also very important to know your body strength level first. Do you know that recommended exercises help to prevent blood clots? Yes, and this is why most of the orthopedic surgeons advice to do exercises as a necessary attempt. After hip replacement surgery, you may feel uncomfortable at first and a bit difficult but it will soon become normal like everyday activities sooner. You can increase the intensity of doing these exercises or can repeat repeat each one every day. Keep up the balance and repeat the exercises on both legs to make them equally strong and flexible. Do them slowly and with control.
Exercise 1: Increase Hip Flexibility And Strength
- Lie on your side with hips and knees bent and a pillow between your knees.
- Keep your feet together.
- Do not twist or use your back muscles.
- Lift the top knee off the pillow like a clam shell opening.
- Hold for a count of 3 to 5 and slowly lower the knee to the pillow. Repeat.
Exercise 2: Increase Hip Flexibility And Strength
- Lie on your side with the bottom leg bent to stop you from rolling onto your back.
- Keeping the top leg straight, lift it toward the ceiling making sure you do not roll forward or backward.
- Slowly lower the leg. Repeat.
Exercise 3: Increase Hip Flexibility And Strengthen Hips And Stomach Muscles
- Lie on your back with one leg bent.
- Tighten your stomach muscles and lift your bent leg being careful not to bend it more than 90 degrees.
- Keeping your stomach muscles tight, slowly lower the leg back to the starting position. Repeat. And discuss this exercise with your hip replacement doctors in Delhi, NCR and India.
Exercise 4: Strengthen Hips
- Lie on your stomach.
- Tighten your buttocks and lift one leg.
- Hold for a count of 3 to 5 and slowly lower your leg. Repeat.
Exercise 5: Increase Leg Flexibility And Strengthen Back Thigh Muscles
- Lie on your stomach with your legs straight.
- Bend one leg, lifting the heel toward your buttocks.
- Slowly lower your leg to the starting position. Repeat.
Exercise 6: Strengthen Front Thigh Muscles
- Sit in a steady chair and place an elastic loop around both ankles.
- Lifting your first foot, straight your leg while keeping the other foot on the floor as you stretch the elastic loop.
- Slowly lower your foot and return to the starting position. Repeat.
Visit surgivisor.com to know more about hip replacement cost in Delhi, NCR and India.
Nowadays joints have become so common that hip replacement and knee replacement surgeries are seen as regular check-ups. If we talk about medical facts, these surgeries are the major orthopedic operations which involve a lot of experience of a surgeon, medications and highly advanced tools. Hip replacement surgery involves removal and replacement of the diseased joint parts with the artificial one, known as prosthetic.
Consult with the best knee replacement surgeon in Delhi to know more about knee replacement surgery and factors which affect your knee problem more and more. Knee replacement surgery is basically a treatment to remove or replace the diseased joints of the knee. More risks tend to hop in after the surgery and it becomes more vulnerable. And for the same reason, patients are advised to know more of the suggestions to get a speedy recovery. Only exercises or consultation won’t do the work; it’s better to know fully about them and then takes actions.
Just remember, that your good immune power will pitch up your recovery. Scroll down to know best home tips of knee replacement post surgery for a speedy recovery:
Find A Good Physiotherapist
After the surgery, it is very important to consult with a good physiotherapist. The therapist will discuss with you and then suggest you best exercises aid your issue. These exercises will involve lifting your foot against gravity because this will relax your knee pain. Your physiotherapist will show you the best moves to strengthen your quads.
How To Take Care Just After The Surgery
Just after the operation, your body or that particular part behaves so vulnerably and thus this period is thought to be really important one. At this time, your physiotherapists will help you to get up and moving as soon as you can and 24 hours assistance will be given to you.
Agents For Mobility
If this is your first walk after the surgery, walking sticks, canes, or crutches. If you had the operation with a spinal anaesthetic or nerve block you won’t be able to feel very much in your leg for a couple of days. You need to be very careful if this is the case, as you may be at greater risk of falling over. If there is a problem with your ligaments, then give some more time (at least 2-3 weeks) to give your walking the first trial. Sometimes, top knee replacement surgeons in Delhi opt for a temporary brace, known as a cricket pad splint to help support your knee until your quadriceps are strong enough to do the job on their own.
Protection At Home
The best knee replacement surgeon always advise consulting with an occupational therapist or physiotherapist at home after the surgery. They will advise you best on how to cope at home before you leave the hospital. Here are some tips:
- Get the easy way outs to get dressed
- Take light shower and saunter smoothly without damaging your knee
- Raise the seat of the toilet before using
- Use chair while taking the shower
Follow-Up Hospital Appointments
Before leaving the hospital, check out your appointment dates and then after, just keep a tab on them. The surgeons will tell you if need to stop taking any regular medication or should start any new one.
Exercises Following Knee Replacement Surgery
Talk to the occupational therapist who will teach you to take care of your knees while doing your daily chores. This will help you in speed up the recovery procedure. If you still have stiffness in your knee joint after six weeks of doing the exercises, make sure you tell your surgeon or a member of his team at your six-week appointment.