Surgivisor advices you to begin your treatment or take any type of action after consulting with your hip replacement surgeon in Delhi, NCR and India. It is very important to consult with your physiotherapist and surgeon first because they will tell your immune system, level of hazard you have gone through with and time of recovery you will take. And only after these facts, the type of exercises will be recommended.
Though it is very important to exercise after surgery to increase the strength and flexibility in your new hip, it is also very important to know your body strength level first. Do you know that recommended exercises help to prevent blood clots? Yes, and this is why most of the orthopedic surgeons advice to do exercises as a necessary attempt. After hip replacement surgery, you may feel uncomfortable at first and a bit difficult but it will soon become normal like everyday activities sooner. You can increase the intensity of doing these exercises or can repeat repeat each one every day. Keep up the balance and repeat the exercises on both legs to make them equally strong and flexible. Do them slowly and with control.
Exercise 1: Increase Hip Flexibility And Strength
- Lie on your side with hips and knees bent and a pillow between your knees.
- Keep your feet together.
- Do not twist or use your back muscles.
- Lift the top knee off the pillow like a clam shell opening.
- Hold for a count of 3 to 5 and slowly lower the knee to the pillow. Repeat.
Exercise 2: Increase Hip Flexibility And Strength
- Lie on your side with the bottom leg bent to stop you from rolling onto your back.
- Keeping the top leg straight, lift it toward the ceiling making sure you do not roll forward or backward.
- Slowly lower the leg. Repeat.
Exercise 3: Increase Hip Flexibility And Strengthen Hips And Stomach Muscles
- Lie on your back with one leg bent.
- Tighten your stomach muscles and lift your bent leg being careful not to bend it more than 90 degrees.
- Keeping your stomach muscles tight, slowly lower the leg back to the starting position. Repeat. And discuss this exercise with your hip replacement doctors in Delhi, NCR and India.
Exercise 4: Strengthen Hips
- Lie on your stomach.
- Tighten your buttocks and lift one leg.
- Hold for a count of 3 to 5 and slowly lower your leg. Repeat.
Exercise 5: Increase Leg Flexibility And Strengthen Back Thigh Muscles
- Lie on your stomach with your legs straight.
- Bend one leg, lifting the heel toward your buttocks.
- Slowly lower your leg to the starting position. Repeat.
Exercise 6: Strengthen Front Thigh Muscles
- Sit in a steady chair and place an elastic loop around both ankles.
- Lifting your first foot, straight your leg while keeping the other foot on the floor as you stretch the elastic loop.
- Slowly lower your foot and return to the starting position. Repeat.
Visit surgivisor.com to know more about hip replacement cost in Delhi, NCR and India.